8/26/09

Boss - Lycanthrope








The Lycantrhope is one of many monstrous beasts lining the forests around Barren Ward. It is part of an increasing number of Wolf-kin currently creating a serious problem for any and all travelers looking to make their way to the city for the Sesquicentennial tournament.

This Lycanthrope stands fully erect at 10' 11" tall (hunched at 10' flat) and weights a solid 1200 lbs. Its devastating teeth and claws pose a great threat for anyone foolish enough to cross his path. However its speed, agility and breath weapons are unique and even more difficult for a warrior of any caliber to prepare for.

5 comments:

  1. hey Curtis,

    Nice bad guys. I really like this werewolf.

    My comments on him would be that his feet are very tiny so I'm not sure if he could support that upper body, unless he walks like a gorilla type thing. Sp maybe thicken then up a bit and i think you will have a strong 1,2,3 read.

    On your previous bad guy I like him too. His proportions work well, maybe just give him a different expression and it will work a bit better.

    Keep it up!! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, it's nails look like old timey razor blades, which makes me have the fear. I don't have much to say about him, besides that he was definatly the best out of the your four designs.

    Can he close his mouth with such huge teeth? Might be kinda neat if he couldn't. Course, then he'd be drooling alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fernando:
    Thanks for the nice words/suggestions. It would actually be really cool if he were to walk more like a gorilla, i can see that happening. So thats a good note for me when the animation comes around.
    As for the Troger, I have been having a bit of a difficult time nailing his face down, however I have recently made an update and will continue to work on it!
    Thanks again man!

    Holly:
    Haha yea I wanted his nails to be like Exacto knife blades coming out of his fingers. Very scary. Also yes the idea is that he cannot close his mouth, he can close it to a point that his teeth meet, and also enough to chew but thats about it. I am assuming this would indeed cause much drooling and frothing, but that would just add to his menacing nautre!

    Thanks a bunch for stopping by guys, Your comments and acknowledgement is what keeps me going!

    cr

    ReplyDelete
  4. personally I like the second sketch with the glowy parts but this is just awesome anyhow :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea i really enjoyed that design as well, thats why i put some elements of it into the final design eg. the glowing mouth and the head are both from that design.

    Thats what I find cool about the "Wolf-kin" idea, is there are probably hundreds of them lining the outskirts of cities all througout this world and each of them can look completely different. The Lycanthrope is just part of the "Wolf-kin" family.

    Thanks for the comment man, see you around!

    ReplyDelete